Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Red" our beloved cat


Tim and I love our cats. We've had many over 31 years of marriage. All sizes, colors and temperments. Red came to our home and hearts from a nephew who had one too many, 12 years ago. He was a "Garfield" type personality. Laid back and cool. One of our vet's told us that he liked orange cats the best because they were "so cool". Red had many redeeming qualities. He liked to play "ball", throw a wad of rolled up paper and he would some times catch it in his paw, then bat it around, and then bring it back to one of us to throw again. He would often wake Tim up 5 minutes before his alarm would go off, he would gently paw at Tim's mouth. He would lay next to me and let me put my arm around him and he would then fall asleep. He even learned to "love" our newest cat, Frankie. Unfourtenly, Red retured to his Creator May 27, the day we were to leave for vacation. He appeared well the night before and then in the morning, was unresponsive, a quick ride to the vet and 2 hours later he was gone. No one is sure what caused his death, doctor did feel a lump on his liver. We sure do miss him, Frankie too.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I still can't quite believe Red isn't over at your house. :o( I miss him too. I hope Frankie will get to liking me like Red did so he'll let me snuggle him when you're gone.