Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday, September 19, 4PM

Greetings,
 
Since this is national 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' Michele wore a hoop earing with her head scarf to round out the look. I'm not kidding about the "Talk Like a Pirate Day'; check it out. I remember the first time I heard about it was a couple years ago when Ryan Joy was visiting the mission from Brazil. When one of the guys announced that it was 'Talk Like a Pirate Day', Ryan spoke up in a whiney voice and said,"Help me. My airplane's broke and I don't know why!" I asked what that had to do with talking like a pirate and he said, "Oh, I thought you said 'Talk Like a Pilot' Day." Ryan's all mechanic, and part comedian.

Michele's chemo treatment went very well yesterday; fatigued, but otherwise no other side effects. This morning she woke up feeling rested and her left hand had a noticeable improvement in dexterity and feeling. All good things to thank God for. We headed back to the doctor's office for her follow-up Nulasta injection and she is back on the couch resting. The only scheduled trip for next week is a consult with the Oncologist on Thursday, so the tires on the van will have a chance to cool off :-)

Hopefully, I will get some time at the hangar next week or two, then it will be back for another chemo treatment in the Oncology suite the 9th of October. I don't know if we will have anything to post between now and then, but consider that no news is good news. As always, thank you for the prayer support and cards. You encourage us daily!

Blessings,

Tim and Michele

No comments: