Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hello Again,

I almost wrote 'January' when I typed the date. Maybe that's because I was looking at our blog posts in January just a few moments ago. I was checking the date on a post I made on January 8th. That was the day I realized we weren't going to stay below our $250,000 cap with Samaritan Ministries. In fact, we are about $39.000 beyond that. But there is good news. Since Michele is cured, and no further treatments are scheduled, the hospital is willing to negotiate additional discounts. Now, I need to reiterate that we received 40% off of all hospital charges right up front, so they have been very generous with us.

We met with Susan, a resource counsellor supervisor last week. I told her that the best we could do is pay $1,000 a month for the next 39 months. She said that would be fine, but she wanted to try to do more, so she submitted a pay-off plan to her superiors. Susan called me yesterday to tell me that if we could raise $30,000 in 90 days, the hospital would accept that as payment in full. That's good news in the big picture, but we need your help. What we need for you to do is ask God if He would be pleased to make that provision for us.

It may very well be that God knows our character will benefit far more by making those payments for the next 39 months. Or, He may bring glory to Himself by meeting that need in a miraculous manner. If the need is met in 90 days, it will surely be because God did it. There's no getting around that. But we are content with whatever decision He deems best. That's the joy of being confident in the sovereignty of a gracious God.

So please pray for God's perfect will in this matter. That's our request. We'll let you know what transpires.

Thank you!

With love and gratitude,

Tim and Michele

No comments: